This distinct focus on corporate divestitures gives CoBe unique strengths around tailoring transactions for corporates seeking to divest operations that no longer fit their core strategy. We are well versed with the issues surrounding carve-outs, such as stand-alone cost assessment and separation of carve-out balance sheet.
Characteristics of a typical target:
- Divestiture by a leading global corporation
- Sale based on the strategic decision that a unit is non-core
- Revenue of $1 billion or less
- Primary operations in the Americas or Europe
- Excess cost, capacity or underperformance
- Opportunity to add value