CoBe Capital specializes in the acquisition and operation of non-core and underperforming business units in the Americas and Europe from leading global corporations.
Tailored Divestiture Solutions for Corporate Sellers
We specialize in the acquisition and operation of corporate divestitures. This focus gives our firm unique strengths around meeting the needs of corporate parents seeking to divest operations that no longer fit with their core strategy. Our permanent capital base means we can do deals without financial contingencies and hold our investments for the long term. Our expertise enables us to quickly and confidentially extract non-core divisions with minimal disruption. In fact, our entire portfolio of operating companies has been assembled through the divestitures of global corporations, including Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), Mohawk Industries' (NYSE: MHK) Marazzi Group, Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS), HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI), Gorenje d.d. (LJSE: GRVG), AFG Arbonia-Forster-Holding AG (SIX: AFGN), IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI), Dover Corporation’s DE-STA-CO (NYSE: DOV) and HSBC Holdings plc (LON: HSBA).
We actively seek out cross-border transactions, often focusing on units located in geographies where corporations have a limited presence. CoBe Capital maintains M&A and operations teams in both the U.S. and Europe. Darren Chaffee, based in New York City, oversees all of our transactions on a global basis and leads all North American transactions directly. European acquisitions are led by our Germany based Managing Director, Dr. Henning Walf.
Established in 1994 by Neal Cohen, CoBe Capital is a dynamic and nimble private investment firm with corporate headquarters in New York City and satellite offices in: Cologne, Germany and Zurich, Switzerland. Building upon earlier successes and the strength of a portfolio of companies delivering solid financial results, we seek to expand our existing portfolio of operating companies with the intent to grow these businesses for the long term.
The guiding principle we instill in all our operating companies is a culture of lean management and continuous improvement. These tools enable our companies to focus on the key performance indicators that matter for their business and improve results through enhanced execution.
CoBe Capital owns and operates a diversified portfolio of companies that design, manufacture and market innovative products and services.
- Bus Parts Warehouse (USA) - Specialty aftermarket parts that keep school buses in safe working condition.
- Hatria (Italy) - Manufacturer of ceramic sanitary ware, including wash basins, toilets, bidets, shower trays, bathroom furniture, shelves and accessories.
- Resilion - Internet ad network based on a unique direct navigation network model.
- Stark Manufacturing (USA) - Connective tubular flow solutions for automotive, aerospace, agricultural, heavy duty and military in aluminum, cooper, steel and other metals.
- Techco Security (Spain) - Leading provider of electronic commercial security solutions to the banking, retail, industrial, gas and small business verticals.
- Völker (Germany) - Leading producer of premium quality long-term care beds and healthcare furnishings, primarily serving the European market.
- Warendorf - Die Küche (Germany) - Luxury kitchen furniture manufacturer and retailer.
Key Facts>Established by Neal Cohen in 1994
>Private global investment firm with permanent capital
>Focus on acquisition and operation of non-core corporate divestitures
>Acquisition strategy is agnostic to industry sector
>Owns and operates a diversified portfolio of companies in North America and Europe
>Offices in New York City, Cologne and Zurich
>Strong track record of successful turnarounds